Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tears for flowers


Rivers have been made from the thousands who have cried.

I know I am but one of the few.

These tears are small reminders

of the wounds we carry still to this day.

Yet here I remain,

collecting puddles of sweet rainwater-

my hands cupping each drop as it falls from the sky.

With the hope that all that has made the world green

will one day grow a garden of wildflowers for me.

Wild, untamed and free,

with roots wound loosely into the deep dark soil of the earth.


Week 34. Rain.

I wrote this poem a few years ago but thought it was appropriate on account of all the rain we’ve been having lately. I remember it was written at a particularly difficult time, right after my ex husband left. I felt as though I had cried rivers trying to come to terms with how my life was unraveling before my eyes. Through it all, I kept telling myself that one day all the pain would make sense. I wanted to be reminded that the rain is for a reason, that it has purpose. I also wanted know that stability was possible no matter how much it rained and no matter how long it took to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment