Monday, November 29, 2010

Ginkgo


Tiny yellow fan.

You made your way so far.

And yet you remain with me still.


I only wish to know

what makes you so different from the rest.

What makes you round and full

Instead of divided and angled.


I wish that for myself too, you know.

I wish to radiate-

To open myself up

and take in all that’s bound to me.


Week 42.Limitations.

I can’t help but notice how the Ginkgo leaf is so different from other leaves. The Ginkgo has no centerline to divide into two sides. It’s variegations come from the base of the leaf; tiny parallel lines dividing each little part. Seeing these sections, these radiating lines, made me think about the personal areas of my own life. My struggle with boundaries, those dividing lines in relationships. As I look close at the design of the Ginkgo leaf I have to ask myself - is it always necessary to notice the way things divide? maybe in times of transition it’s more important to focus on being open like a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment